I’m about to start my final year at university, which will involve many activities related to obtaining my master degree. One of them is writing my master’s thesis, which is one of the biggest and the most time-consuming challenges. It’s a process that consists of writing the thesis and developing a project. I’m going to write a series of posts that will show you how the project is evolving.
This is my last technical post in the Get Noticed 2017 category. The last one will be a quick summary of the last three months. Soo…it was a very long week. I didn’t do too much but there was a big progress in using the neural network in the Aksesi Proxy Application.
The neural network requires to train it before using. We are expected to provide sets od date that will be used for the purpose of learning. It means that we need a generator which will create gestures in a form readable by the NN.
Today we are taking part in Rzeszów Hackathon. Our team consists of 4 members – Bartek, Vlad, Michał and me. By the way, you should know Bartek and Michał from the post Pekaton – 24-godzinny hackaton. At the beginning, I want to mention that in this post I’m not going to reveal project’s main idea and implementation details. This is because some of ours competitors may read it (good luck guys ;)). Maybe we will share a few hints. Since the start, this post will be updated every hour, at least I hope so.
It’s time to start implementing support for recognizing gestures with neural networks. As I mentioned in the previous post, I had seen some potential problems. After two days of work, I can finally write that those problems are solved. In this post, I’ll describe how I solved the problem of different drawing area location. In the second paragraph, I’m going to describe implemented resizing strategy. At the end, in the third part, I’ll write some words about flattering gestures and values normalization.
This post is divided into two main parts. The technical part will be connected with adding custom headers passed to an authentication endpoint. In the second part, I’m going to describe plans for next few weeks.
The last few days have been very productive. I have written demo endpoint which is able to return information whether a user should be logged in or not. In this application, I used the tool I met on the last Polish Java User Group meetup – Bootique. I’m going to describe it in the first part of this article. In the second, I’ll show you changes I made in the proxy application. There are a lot of new features.
Yesterday I realized that I write more about refactoring than implementation. To stay consistent today’s post is about…refactoring. Well, maybe not only about it, but mainly. In the previous week I finished following tasks:
- [F-4] Handling request result (response code, message)
- [F-8] Encapsulate logic from aksesi-gesture.js into a class
- [F-9] Secure initialization
- [P-1] Forwarding requests to an authentication endpoint
The 8th version of Java introduced a few really cool features. My favorites are streams and, connected with them, lambda expressions. In this article, I’ll show you some examples of refactoring existing code into the more modern version. All of the examples, except the 1st one, were inspired by the Aksesi Proxy source code.
At the beginning of this week, I took part in the lecture about fast coding with IntelliJ. Its main goal was to show participants that they can speed up development with tools which are available in IntelliJ IDEA. This event inspired me to write a post about my experience with working with different IDEs, especially IntelliJ.