I would like to thank everyone of you who supported me during this 3 months journey. Your tips gave me the strength that helped me to create better content and write better code. If you are interested in more details – read more. Thank you!
This is my last technical post in the Get Noticed 2017 category. The last one will be a quick summary of the last three months. Soo…it was a very long week. I didn’t do too much but there was a big progress in using the neural network in the Aksesi Proxy Application.
The neural network requires to train it before using. We are expected to provide sets od date that will be used for the purpose of learning. It means that we need a generator which will create gestures in a form readable by the NN.
It’s time to start implementing support for recognizing gestures with neural networks. As I mentioned in the previous post, I had seen some potential problems. After two days of work, I can finally write that those problems are solved. In this post, I’ll describe how I solved the problem of different drawing area location. In the second paragraph, I’m going to describe implemented resizing strategy. At the end, in the third part, I’ll write some words about flattering gestures and values normalization.
In the previous post, I mentioned that the next thing developed in the Aksesi project will be a management console. After submitting that post, I realized that it is going to be another boring application with 90% of its logic encapsulated in CRUD operations. When I decided to take part in Get Noticed competition, my main goal was to learn new things. To make a long story short. The next step won’t be management console; the next step will be gesture recognition with Artificial Intelligence usage.
The last few days have been very productive. I have written demo endpoint which is able to return information whether a user should be logged in or not. In this application, I used the tool I met on the last Polish Java User Group meetup – Bootique. I’m going to describe it in the first part of this article. In the second, I’ll show you changes I made in the proxy application. There are a lot of new features.
Today’s post is a brief summary what has changed in recent days. Especially, at the weekend. As I explained in the previous post, I changed my workflow. Now I’m working in the task-oriented flow, with branching system on the GIT. Not only can you follow it with the Github repository but also with the Trello board.
Recently I spent some time thinking about the Aksesi project. I have made some decisions that I’m going to cover in the next post. The very first thing on my list was to remove all of the TODOs from the code and refactor awful parts. In this post, I’m going to show you what I’ve changed in last few days.
In the “At the red-green-refactor carousel – implementing conversion unit” post I described how I have developed basic functionalities for conversion unit. I also mentioned that there is no Spring Framework integration and why I decided to implement CU in that way. In the following post, I’m going to show you this mystic integration process.
It’s been a week since the last post. In the following one, I’m going to summarize you what I’ve changed it the Aksesi since then. I decided to refactor some parts of the frontend application. Moreover, I managed to simplify installation and configuration process. The major part of integration is done “in the background” and a user does not have to care about it.