If you are following my blog then it is obvious for you that I’m programmer. Not all of you know that I’m also an amateur runner. I have been running for almost 5 years of which 3 years of racing (except 2016). I have run a lot of 10km races, several half-marathons, and a few marathons. In this posts, I’m going to show you where I have found a connection between running and programming, and how they affect each other.
In the “At the red-green-refactor carousel – implementing conversion unit” post I described how I have developed basic functionalities for conversion unit. I also mentioned that there is no Spring Framework integration and why I decided to implement CU in that way. In the following post, I’m going to show you this mystic integration process.
It’s been a week since the last post. In the following one, I’m going to summarize you what I’ve changed it the Aksesi since then. I decided to refactor some parts of the frontend application. Moreover, I managed to simplify installation and configuration process. The major part of integration is done “in the background” and a user does not have to care about it.
When I came up with an idea of Aksesi project, I started to think about its security. First thought was that it will be as safe as HTTP(s) protocol is. Realizing it, I stopped any considerations. Three weeks later I realized that this solution will be very safe or, at least, safer than ordinary password usage.
In this post, I’m going to cover a few reasons why Aksesi will be safer than classic authentication which bases only on passwords consisting of characters.
After having gestures handled and stored, we are ready to create simple logic for the Conversion Unit. In the following post, I’m going to describe created architecture. All of the code was written with TDD, because one of my goals for “Get noticed 2017” competition is to become more fluent in using TDD as a daily basis. Up till now, it’s going well.
At the last Friday’s afternoon, when I was doing housework, I came up with an idea about Aksesi’s development direction. It just appeared in my mind. Before I started this project I had only known that it will be an application that will allow to authenticate a user with gestures usage. After some time, I decided to support also characters and then I realized that it would be nice to have back-end service that will perform all computations.
In this post, I’m describing my idea with the majority of adopted conventions. I want to mention that this idea will probably change many times.
I think that it is the best time to connect oldschool-boring password typing with new-fresh-visionary gesture recognition. I hope that connection like this is going to provide appropriate usability for boys and girls, old and young.
In the following post I’m going to describe how to adjust code created in the Handling user gestures post to use both characters and gestures. I will also describe how I resolved usability issues and how the application handles the backspace key usage.
During the short planning session I decided that at first I should implement gestures handling in the front-end application. This feature will be developed with jQuery library.
There are a few strategies how to detect sequence of gestures. First one assumes that the application recognizes mouse movement and, basing on the time between each of the moves, is able to establish if a gesture drawing is completed. This solution has some limitations. The main one is a problem with splitting moves into separate ones. If a user moves a pointer to the top and backward, as preparation to the next gesture (due to e.g. screen resolution), then application won’t be able to recognize that the top-bottom move shouldn’t be treated as part of the password.
Jakiś czas temu postanowiłem wziąć udział w konkursie Daj się poznać. Później zrezygnowałem. Dzisiaj znowu się zarejestrowałem. Piszę ten post zaraz po wciśnięciu przycisku Zarejestruj. Gdy tylko go skończę zostanie on udostępniony w sieciach społecznościowych, tak aby nie było już odwrotu.
Aplikacja Hobusu jest rozwijana od 1.5 miesiąca. Niniejszy post jest podsumowaniem okresu, w którym do aplikacji dorabiałem kolejne funkcjonalności oraz weryfikowałem działanie tych istniejących. Przez mienione 1.5 miesiąca odrzuciłem kilka pomysłów na nowe możliwości aplikacji. Powodem, dla którego funkcjonalności te nie były wdrażane był sposób w jaki korzystam z aplikacji czyli krótko mówiąc rzeczywistość je zweryfikowała.