This post is divided into two main parts. The technical part will be connected with adding custom headers passed to an authentication endpoint. In the second part, I’m going to describe plans for next few weeks.
The IT environment is constantly changing. New frameworks, new hardware, new people, new stacks, new everything every month. One of the things that programmers are expected to do is to follow the news. It’s very important to keep up with it if you want to stay competitive on the job market.
By following trends, I don’t mean believe in them and use blindly. To get by in, we need to know buzzwords, have minimum knowledge about its usage and what changes they introduce. Not that much, right? No, it’s a lot, at least, enough to get lost within a few weeks of inactivity.
The last few days have been very productive. I have written demo endpoint which is able to return information whether a user should be logged in or not. In this application, I used the tool I met on the last Polish Java User Group meetup – Bootique. I’m going to describe it in the first part of this article. In the second, I’ll show you changes I made in the proxy application. There are a lot of new features.
The third episode of Quick Action series. Using very simple example I’m going to show how you can retrieve data from Facebook Graph API using Facebook JS SDK. To make an application more user-friendly I decided to use Angular Framework.
Yesterday I realized that I write more about refactoring than implementation. To stay consistent today’s post is about…refactoring. Well, maybe not only about it, but mainly. In the previous week I finished following tasks:
- [F-4] Handling request result (response code, message)
- [F-8] Encapsulate logic from aksesi-gesture.js into a class
- [F-9] Secure initialization
- [P-1] Forwarding requests to an authentication endpoint
The 8th version of Java introduced a few really cool features. My favorites are streams and, connected with them, lambda expressions. In this article, I’ll show you some examples of refactoring existing code into the more modern version. All of the examples, except the 1st one, were inspired by the Aksesi Proxy source code.
Almost all of us use GitHub on a daily basis. We usually work with it in two ways. Firstly, as a version control system which helps us to develop applications. Secondly, as a library of projects written by other programmers. Sometimes we use their code in our applications. Today I want to show you that GitHub is a multidimensional tool and can be used for things not necessarily connected with coding.
At the beginning of this week, I took part in the lecture about fast coding with IntelliJ. Its main goal was to show participants that they can speed up development with tools which are available in IntelliJ IDEA. This event inspired me to write a post about my experience with working with different IDEs, especially IntelliJ.
Today’s post is a brief summary what has changed in recent days. Especially, at the weekend. As I explained in the previous post, I changed my workflow. Now I’m working in the task-oriented flow, with branching system on the GIT. Not only can you follow it with the Github repository but also with the Trello board.
I like working when I have any kind of schedule or just list of things that I’m expected to do. This is why I decided to spend some time on planning Akesi’s development. I had a feeling that the application had been developed in chaos because I didn’t have any plan. After each of posts, I was making a decision what I should implement in the upcoming days. I think that it is one of the reasons why I’m providing new features so slow.
It took me almost one month to recognize where is the problem and how I should solve it. The reason was obvious – lack of a plan. The solution is a little bit harder to implement.